Year-round watering rules are in effect when GVSUD is NOT under any specific drought restrictions.
- All fountains – whether commercial or residential (indoor or outdoor) are allowed.
- Landscape watering with an irrigation system or sprinkler is permitted any day of the week BEFORE 10:00 a.m. or AFTER 8:00 p.m.
- Hand watering with a hand-held hose, drip irrigation, soaker hose or bucket is permitted any time of day.
- Washing impervious cover such as parking lots, driveways, streets, or sidewalks is permitted without runoff to avoid water waste.
- Water waste (link to Report Water Waste page) is prohibited at all times. Allowing water to run off into a gutter, ditch, or drain or failing to repair a controllable leak is considered water waste.
- Residential, commercial, industrial, and agricultural water users should use common sense and best practices to avoid water waste.
- The use of commercial vehicle wash facilities is permitted any day.
The year-round watering rules remain in effect until the rolling 10-day average of the aquifer drops to 660 feet and the General Manager declares water restrictions. To see the details related to each stage or to request a variance click the links on the left.